My epiphanies are few and far between, but following yesterday’s post, about Basil’s ongoing transition to the world of (semi)retirement while I continue to toil in the salt mines, I had a big AHA moment.
The post elicited quite a few comments and offers of help (Truthfully, I’m not sure if these folks are trying to save him from me or vice versa. What’s more, I’m not sure it matters.)
- One neighbor offered to put him to work in her yard.
- A former colleague of Basil’s said she’d take him to lunch.
- Friends suggested they stop by and pick him up on their daily bike rides (but didn’t respond when I asked if they’d be willing to strap him to the back of one of their bikes).
And from these comments, an idea was born: All of you and I, working together, can schedule work projects and play dates for Basil.
Simply message me with your honey-do item, invitation to socialize or other miscellaneous activity.
- You can cross something off your to-do list, or have a pleasant sociable afternoon.
- Basil stays busy and out of my hair.
- I’m able to get my work done.
I’ll happily keep his calendar, and even send him with snacks and spending money.
You’ll find he is a delightful, if chatty, companion and great with yard work, shopping (you won’t miss a single sale shopping with him) and other errands. What’s more, he’s no trouble, and it’s not even necessary to get him home before the street lights come on.
Don’t be shy now; call me … maybe?