One of the things about having a few days off is the chance to do things I wouldn’t do otherwise, like watch mindless television programs.
On the ET-Insider last night, I caught the “11 of 2011” awards and consider myself much better informed now. Among the great minds getting a nod for their contributions to mankind in the past year were Snooki and some of the Kardashians.
With a lineup like that, I figured, I must surely be in the running for a televised pat on the back this year. And although I waited expectantly in my new Christmas-themed flannel PJs, there was no knock on the door.
I’m hard-pressed to understand why. I mean, consider these heroic deeds of 2011:
- More than 250 PBJ sandwiches lovingly slapped together, crusts not included.
- 250+ loads of laundry sorted, washed, dried, folded and — sometimes — put away.
- 365 nutritious meals cooked, served and cleaned up.
- Ignored smart-ass comments of other diners eating many of those 365 nutritious meals.
- 52 trips to the grocery store, plus at least 30 more quick visits to pick up things no one bothered to put on the list.
- Who knows how many trips to Target, CVS, Walgreens, Staples etc., for a whole host of sundries.
- At least 150 toilet-scrubbing efforts.
- 34 hours of vaccuming.
- Equal amount of time spent scrubbing floors.
- Countless circuits through the house wielding Pledge and Windex.
- Endless hours driving teenage daughter to various activities.
- At least 10 hours spent warming benches at youth volleyball games.
It’s a formidable list and I haven’t touched on my work life, or Jazzercise vocation, my efforts at entertaining or many other tasks I undertake every day.
Clearly, my contributions to mankind rank up there with anything Snooki or the Kardashians are doing these days.
ET-Insider: I don’t need a fancy plaque — really, it’d just be one more thing to dust. But I’d be delighted to appear on camera to accept your kudos.