You can set your watch by it: If it’s December, I’m sure to be in the kitchen baking Christmas cookies as I was all day yesterday.
Below, a classic to share.
May they add a bit of sweetness to your holiday celebration.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
1 cup shortening
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup peanut butter
2 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 packages Hershey kisses, unwrapped
- Thoroughly cream shortening, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Sift dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in 350-degree oven about 10 minutes.
- As soon as they come out of the oven, move these to a cooling rack and gently push a chocolate kiss into the center of each one. Let cool completely before storing; the kisses will melt a bit and need time to set up again.
- Makes about 5 dozen.
Delicious looking recipe. I pinned it to try but will attempt to switch the peanut butter for cookie spread because my grandson is allergic to peanuts/tree nuts so we are a ‘nut free zone.’ 🙂
I understand! We are a tree nut- and egg-free zone here. Let me know how it turns out.